Thank you for your interest in applying to our Adopt a Vet Spouse for the Holidays program. Below is a list of commonly asked questions to familiarize you with the program. If this does not answer your questions, please feel free to contact Denise Gula Weller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Megan Cain at email@example.com.
- Please make sure you fill it out completely and upload the requested documents.
4. What documents are required for registration? Proof of disability, DD214 - Member 4
5. Am I guaranteed to be adopted once my application is approved? Submitting an
application does not guarantee participation or adoption in the program. Each
application is reviewed matched with an adoptive individual, family, organization or
6. How will I know if I am adopted? Once your application is approved and you are
matched with a sponsor, you will receive an email from Hearts of Patriots. Your
Sponsor will contact you to get additional information.
7. How will I know if I am not adopted? Hearts of Patriots strives very hard to get all
qualified and approved caregivers adopted for the holidays. In the event we are
unable to locate a sponsor, we will notify you by email on December 8, 2017.
8. What kind of gift will the Sponsor provide? Our Sponsors are asked to provide you
with a minimum $50 gift/gifts and a minimum, $100 food card or prepaid VISA gift
card to help with your holiday meal and trimmings. This program is meant to serve as
a token of appreciation from the community.
9. When will you start matching Caregivers with Sponsors? As soon as possible after
receipt of your application and required supporting documentation. Due to the level
of demand for this program, Hearts of Patriots will not be able to follow up on
incomplete applications and paperwork, so please ensure you complete the
application in its entirety and upload all necessary supporting documentation, as
required. If you have difficulty uploading your documents you may email them to
10. We are going out of the area to be with our family for the holidays, can we still
apply? Yes, you may still apply for the Adopt a Vet Spouse for the Holidays program if
you will be traveling or away from your home for the holidays. However, you must
specify when you will be away from your home so that delivery of packages will not
be made during your absence.
11. You ask on the application to "Provide a message to the Adopting Sponsor", how
much information do I need to give? Please include specific information about your
family, your children, and your interests. This information will be shared with our
Hearts of Patriots Sponsor so they are comfortable purchasing a gift for you and they
appreciate knowing more about the spouse they will be adopting.
12. Do you give the Sponsor my application with all my information? Sponsors will have
access to your application but will not have access to your submitted supporting
13. How will I be notified if you have matched me with a Sponsor? We will email you to
let you know that you have been adopted. Your Sponsor will contact you. It is then
your and your Sponsor's responsibility to communicate regarding the program. If you
have not heard from your Sponsor within 48 hours of notification please email
firstname.lastname@example.org so we may follow up.
14. Do I have to invite the Sponsor to my home? No. For your comfort and to ensure the
safety of all we do not ask that you meet your Sponsor.
15. My Sponsor is a company and they have requested I come to an event. Do I have to
16. My Sponsor has asked me for a list of items I might like to receive, do I have to give
them a list? If your application was not very thorough in regards to your interests and
gift request, the Sponsor may request a better list. If requested by the Sponsor,
please give them a list of items so they may choose what is within their budget and
abilities. Please do not put anything on your list that exceeds $50. The purpose of the
Adopta A Vet Spouse for the Holidays program is to provide you with small tokens of
appreciation. Please be mindful of this as the Sponsors are participating in the
program to help you have a special holiday season.
17. Can I ask the Sponsors for gift cards only? No, please do not ask a Sponsor for gift
cards for gifts. If gift cards are requested, your application will be denied.
18. I am having difficulties communicating with my Sponsor, what do I do? Please
contact Hearts of Patriots at email@example.com and someone will get back with
you to discuss and help facilitate the communication or assign you to another
19. Should I send my Sponsor a thank you letter? YES! We will send you your Sponsor’s
mailing address so you can send them a thank you letter or note. Please also send a
photo of yourself with the gift if possible. If the Sponsor has indicated to us that they
do not wish to share their contact information, please send us the letter and we will forward
to the Sponsor. Please indicate their name on the letter and address to c/o Hearts of
Patriot, 101 Denison Ave. Elyria, OH 44035.
Thank you and your veteran for your service to our country and the sacrifices you and your family have made for our freedom. Our warmest wishes to you and your family for a wonderful holiday season!